Logo of the donation
Logo of the IV Zittauer Schmalspurbahnen e. V.
Information paper of the club
Bertsdorf Station
For the start of the whole track station 'Bertsdorf' has been an importent centre. Here the track is parted in an track to Oybin (in the photograph to the left) and a track to Jonsdorf (in the photograph to the right). By 1906 (taking over the track by 'Königlich Sächsische Staats-Eisenbahn' - abbr.: 'K.Sächs.Sts.E.B.') there was station Bertsdorf the administration centre of 'ZOJE', too. Next to 'Jonsdorf road' dwelling houses for railway-man were build. In 1991 the locomotion shed was enlarged (housed by 4 engines of type IIK-new). More interesting facts of 'The locomotion station Bertsdorf' you can read in our brochure 11. Station Bertsdorf belongs to the area of the village Olbersdorf, but the village Bertsdorf is about 2 km away. Since 1938 the switch tower has been working, whose interesting engineering is introduced on a special page. From Bertsdorf the travelling is regulated by the dispatcher. Most tracks are still existing, but only track 8 was removed. The station building was bought by the club in 2001 and is reconstructed now. Here is the office of our club. More on a special page about our club house.The engines belonging to the club are housed in the locomotion shed. At track 1 we present some wagon of our collection. More information you can get on the pages of our club vehicles. In 2005 was a complete reconstruction of the tracks in Bertsdorf station.
The first switch of the station in direction from Olbersdorf.
The first switch of the station in direction from Olbersdorf.
The station building and the station area in 2009.
The station building and the station area in 2009.
The station bulding form the 'street side' in 2008.
The station bulding form the 'street side' in 2008.
The platforms in 2007.
The platforms in 2007.
The switch tower
The switch tower
A building
A building
Our engines are housed in this locomotive shed. Left is the coal shed.
Our engines are housed in this locomotive shed. Left is the coal shed.

The track in direction to Jonsdorf.

The track in direction to Jonsdorf.

The last switch in direction to Oybin.

The last switch in direction to Oybin.