The station Olbersdorf Upper Village (Oberdorf) was originally called 'Haltestelle Zeißigschenke' (stop Zeißig-Pub). It was called after the pub owner
'Zeißig' taking over this pub in 1812 (in 1871 the new owner was Friedrich Ernst Steudtner). The building was pulled down in 1990. With the extension of the whole railway track the
existing station building was erected in 1913. Today it is used a a dwelling house. Since June 4th, 1914 the name of the station has been 'Olbersdorf Oberdorf' (Upper Village). The
station got a special importance from 1949/50 to 1970, because here the work's siding was used for surface mining company 'Glück auf' (Good luck) in Olbersdorf. Today the special
significance of the station is the transport of narrow gauges vehicles, because of the rise of prices for transports with the railway enterprise 'DB AG'. These vehicles are loaded
here on deep loading trucks. In autim 2011 the SOEG build a second platform.
A view from direction Olbersdorf Lower Village.
The station today
The station building is today a living haous. View from direction Bertsdorf.
The way to Bertsdorf