The Zittau main station has been the starting point of the narrow gauge railway of the K.Sächs.Sts.E.B. (Royal Saxonian State Railroad) to Reichenau since
1884. Since 1890 it has also been the starting point of the private 'Zittau-Oybin-Jonsdorfer-Railroad'. In 1905 - after puling down the restaurant 'Zur Burg' -it was able to erect
the platform and reception hall of the narrow gauge track in the forecourt in front of the main station. Apart from smaller modifications the appearance of the narrow gauge area
corrresponds with the appearance in 1907/1909. The engine shed was built in 1911. Today the administration and the office of the SOEG (Sächsisch-Oberlausitzer-Railroad) is
located in Zittau. Here there are all the equipments for operation, repairing and service of the rolling stock of the SOEG. In 2007 the SOEG found a new building for wagon repair
The building of the main railway station in Zittau.
The narrow gauge station in Zittau with the reception hall.
The signal in direction of Zittau Hp.
The narrow gauge engine shed in Zittau. On the left hand side you can see the carrier truck pit.
The new wagon repair station
The gauge group in pre track field of the narrow gauge station.